Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:21

Friday, October 7, 2011

Cricut.....oh Cricut!!

Many of you know that I have recently discovered my inner Martha Stewart and have started making my own holiday decorations. Not only have I made several things I'm proud of but I have also proven to Phillip that I will actually make the stuff I keep showing him on Pinterest, even when he keeps acting like he is not interested. For some reason Phillip thought I was going to buy all the stuff and never make anything. I don't know where he gets this stuff from. It's almost like I have a history of starting things and not completing them or something. On top of all of that I have also had a revelation. I now know that I want to be (insert your own drum roll here)............ a crafter. Try to contain your excitement. I realized while I was doing these projects I was having fun!! It was calming and helped to relieve my stress. But for those of you that know me, you know that I can't just be regular anything. So if I'm going to be a crafter then I want to be the best crafter that I can be.
To achieve this goal I need to have crafter tools. I have the everyday tools like scissors, ribbon, glue, and mod podge, awesome stuff look into it. But if I want to be more than just average then I need the coolest crafter tools there are. Enter the Cricut!! (Do you hear the Hallelujah Chorus too or is that just me?)
I have been reading tons of blogs by Do-It-Yourselfers and they all have a Cricut.This is the the most awesomeness, not sure if that is a word but it should be, machine and does SO MUCH. There are many different versions of the Circut but the one that caught my eye was the Cricut Expression. It is a bit expensive an investment and it is totally worth it because it does so much! This little beauty can cut letters and pictures from as small as 1/4 of an inch to as large as 23 1/2 inches. It has tons of different cartridges with all kinds of pictures and cute fonts. Plus if I had one of these I wouldn't have to ask my in-laws to cut stuff for me. They are so busy running their store,Sports of All Sorts-Great for all your sporting needs, embroidery, and screen printing (yes and I did just promote their business....they're my family), and they don't have time to cut stuff just so I can make my pretty crafts. So really I'm thinking about them and how I can take some burden off their shoulders. Wow, I am such a considerate and compassionate person. Always thinking of others. I mean how sweet am I?........No, seriously you can leave comments I don't mind.
Okay back to the topic. To prove how I could use the Cricut, because I'll have to be able to do this to convince Phillip I need it, and to show you some of the things I've made already I've posted some pictures and how I could use the vital, indispensable, and must-have Cricut.

I could add a pretty C on the front of the vase.
I could add The Carters to my bucket.

Wouldn't some cute black polka dots be cute on the C?
No Cricut ideas I just wanted you to see the monster mason jars I made all lit up. Isn't our mantel pretty?!?




























So my one and only wish this year for Christmas, if I can wait that long because I'm not exactly known for my patience, is for a CRICUT!! Oh my goodness there is that music again!  

1 comment:

  1. I want a CRICUT! I think every teacher should be given a CRICUT. Every time I go to Joanne's I always walk down that aisle

    ReplyDelete