Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:21

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Veggie Tales and my IPhone

You may wonder about the title of this post so let me explain. As every true southern woman knows decorating for the holidays is a must. Since I have found a love for making my own decorations I needed to run to the store to pick up some supplies. So today I met my mom and Belle Ann at House to Home, which by the way is my new favorite store, so that I could buy some mesh to make a new wreath and to also show my mom what a great place this store is. Well, as soon as we got out of the car I got down so that I could look at Belle Ann and explained that we were going into this very nice store and she was not allowed to touch anything. I asked her if she understood and she very politely answered "Yes Mommy. I won't touch." Well as soon as the words were at of her mouth she was grabbing a wind chime and swinging it around. I very quickly asked her to stop and reminded her that she was not to touch. She dropped her hands and with all her southern charm she answered, "I know Mommy. I won't touch." We walked into the store and Belle Ann immediately found a basket that she could push around. I thought this was the answer to my problem until I realized she couldn't see over the cart and was running into everything!! I tried to redirect her attention to the beautiful colored mesh, but she wasn't paying me the least bit of attention. After a few minutes of Belle Ann telling us to march and follow her up and down the aisles she became bored. Next to the display of mesh was a table with rugs and Belle Ann decided this would be a great place to hide, and as long as she was touching anything breakable I was happy to let her play. After a few minutes I noticed it was eerily quiet and I started to freak. When I looked under the table you will not believe what I found. Belle Ann had found some purple ribbon, her favorite color, and had it wrapped around her. She looked like some deformed Barney wannabe. When she noticed I was looking at her she quickly blurted out  "I'm not touching Mommy! I'm not touching!" All I could do was laugh. Yes I know she was lying and she had done exactly what I told her not to do but I couldn't control myself when I saw her sitting there wrapped up looking like a teeny bopper mummy. While I was untangling her from her purple cocoon I was thinking about how I could keep her entertained for the duration of our trip. Then a light went off, actually it was someone's phone ringing but it is basically the same, and I remembered the greatest invention of all times........my IPHONE. Thanks to the wonderful people at Apple I have my own portable TV. I pulled out my phone, pulled up You Tube, and searched for Veggie Tales as fast as I could. As soon as Belle Ann heard the first few words of Silly Songs with Larry she was hooked. She sat down and began singing; really its more of a screeching but what mom doesn't think their child has talent. All over the store you could hear "Oh where is my hairbrush......oh where is my hairbrush." I usually would be embarrassed by this very loud behavior but she was FINALLY not touching anything so I just went with it. A woman walked up and was watching Belle Ann and I was waiting for her to start mumbling under her breath about me not being able to control my child but she just smiled and said, "She sure is having a great time." And she was right. Belle Ann was completely happy sitting there, singing along with Veggie Tales and not touching anything! So basically this entire blog was to say THANK YOU to Apple, You Tube, and Phil Vischer and Marc Nawrocki (the creators of Veggie Tales.)

No comments:

Post a Comment